Once more, good ol' Yahoo Mail has decided to screw things up totally. Their new mail form does not work on desktop. At ALL. Here's a brief list of problems:
- Mail is not marked as read when read. It remains unread.
- The reply links (both of them) are non-functional. I cannot reply to mail.
- The top-frame buttons to delete, mark read, etc. are non-functional.
- The buttons to go to previous/next conversation don't work.
- Keyboard shortcuts to e.g. mark mail as read don't work either.
And to add insult to injury,
- The button to bring up the options menu, where there at least used to be an option to switch back to the old Yahoo mail, is also 100% non-functional.
The "flat" UI style is considerably harder to use than the previous version, and heads should have rolled over that abortion alone. But this? If the vice president in charge isn't fired, the company is just not serious about running the service.
Oh, and Yahoo? If you're reading this, just switch everyone back to the previous version. You obviously have no idea when something is ready for prime time.
Edit: Yahoo made the new version fail only with Pale Moon. Apparently they tested with other browsers. I was able to get in and switch back to the old version using a different browser.